Blocking a player will remove you from their friends list, which means they will no longer be able to send you party invites or see your in-game status. But they can still potentially randomly match with you; whose chances are slim.
Step 1: Click the Social tab in the upper left corner of the screen.
These are pretty simple to configure but the settings here are very strict.
- From the Home screen of your Switch console, open System Settings.
- Go down and select Parental Controls, located above the Internet option.
- From the right side of the screen, open Parental Controls Settings.
- Select Use this console.
- Next select Restriction Level.
- Select Teen, Pre-Teen or Child setting. If you want to prevent your children from playing Fortnite, you should select the Pre-Teen or Child setting, depending of course on the age of your children. The pre-teen option will restrict all games rated “T” or higher, while the Child option will only allow games rated “E”.
What happens when you block someone in Fortnite?
Once you block players from your friends list or search bar, they will not be able to interact with you in any way. Well, I have to admit there’s a bottom line here: you’re likely to be matched against them in battle royale, for example.
However, blocking them will prevent them from continuing to harass you. But trolls, armchair generals, leeches or disruptors will still be around the corner. What can you and I do about it? Before answering this question, let’s see how to block them.
Option – Block entire game console on router (MAC filter)
This is an option available on some routers, which is not as precise as what users want (block only Fortnite), but instead just blocks access for an entire device (e.g. PS4, Xbox) to the router, so it can’t access the internet to play anything online (not just Fortnite). For many readers whose kids spend too much time playing video games in general online, this may be a good enough option.
To do this, you first need to find the device’s physical MAC address, which is like a different unique identifier for each device. For game consoles, you need to go into the internet/network settings menus and there will always be a menu displaying the MAC address.
Step 2: Select games to block
Now that Freedom is installed and running on your computer, the next step is to use Freedom’s desktop app blocker to block Fortnite. Open Freedom and select Manage blocked desktop apps – you will see a small window open and you can choose which apps you want to block. For Fortnite, we will choose Epic Games Launcher and Fortnite Client.
Useful note: You can use desktop app blocker to block any other games, so you can add Steam and other games/game launchers as well.