Valve’s new handheld console, the Steam Deck, is set to release in two weeks, and while the portable device boasts flexibility, its battery life seems to be unpredictable.
There are countless ways you can use a Steam Deck and purposes you can use it for. But exactly how long it will stay alive without being charged can vary widely, according to the device’s specs on Steamdeck.com
How Much Does a Steam Deck Cost?
Valve has released three models of the Steam Deck, each with a different storage capacity and price tag. These models are:
- 64 GB: For $399, you can get the base model of the Steam deck with 64 GB of embedded multimedia card (eMMC) storage.
- 256 GB: For $529, you can get the 256 GB model with a nonvolatile memory express (NVMe) solid-state drive (SSD). This SSD will make your system run faster than the baseline model.
- 512 GB: For $649, you can get the most high-powered version of the Steam Deck with a high-speed NVMe SSD and 512 GB of storage.
Valve booklet appears to confirm plans for future Steam Decks
Valve calls Steam Deck a ‘multi-generational product line’
Last week it was noticed that a newly published Steam Deck booklet by Valve refers to future iterations of the Steam Deck, suggesting new hardware is planned.
Power Bank For Steam Deck
Anker PowerCore III 19,200mAh Huge Cell Capacity 45W Power Delivery Portable Charger for MacBook Air 2020, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 11/11 Pro/XS Max/X / 8, Samsung and More
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- High-Speed Charging: PowerCore’s USB-C port can provide up to 45W of charging power—that’s enough to charge your MacBook to 40% in just 30 minutes.
- Charge 3 Device at Once: Use the USB-C port and dual 12W USB-A ports to charge 3 of your mobile devices at the same time. Note: the total max output when all ports are connected is 60W.
- Huge Cell Capacity: Charge an iPhone 11 up to 4 times, a 2020 iPad Pro 11ʺ one and a half times, and a 2020 MacBook Air once thanks to the huge 19,200mAh cell capacity.
- What You Get: PowerCore III 19K 45W, USB-C to USB-C cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
Steam Deck Client Beta Changelog:
- Reworked the layout of the mode settings page to show more content
- Added upper grips as an option for mode shifts.
- Filtered Mode Shift button options to only show available buttons based on the controller type.
- Fixed chord activator options for XBox and XBox Elite controller types.
- Improved Layout Preview for Nintendo Switch Joycon Left/Right/Pair.
- Fixed Capture button icon not being displayed for Joycon Pair.
- Fixed the Switch Pro Layout Preview not showing the gyro.
- Nintendo Switch SL/SR buttons now show up as Bumpers for single Joycons or Grip buttons for a JoyCon Pair.
- Joycon single/pair Gyro now displays and functions properly.