- Visit several local museums during the Free Museum Days. Many Indianapolis museums offer free admission on various dates throughout the year. Next event: Free admission to the Children’s Museum on September 25, 2022. Free!
- Go to Tuttle Orchards for a pumpkin. Admission to the field is free, and you can take home a mini pumpkin for just $2.
- Grab your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a free outdoor concert in Greenwood. Greenwood’s new fall concert series is free!
- Breathe in the fresh air on one of Indianapolis’ hiking trails. Some parks require small entry fees and some are free!
- Take your younger children to ride a pony at Natural Valley Ranch. $5 for pony ride, $2 for animal interactions.
- Listen to live music all month long at The Apple Works. Admission is free, along with many of their fun fall activities.
- Get lost inside McCloud Nature Park’s fish-themed prairie maze. Free!
- Visit one of the top 10 nature centers in central Indiana.
- Catch an outdoor movie every Monday (Saturday starting in November) at Carmel’s Midtown Plaza. Find the 2022 movie lineup here. Free!
Central square; Photo credit: facebook.com/midtowncarmelin
- Go out and enjoy the fall colors with your family.
- Visit Nehemiah Ranch for free fall fun. Free.
- Visit Daniel’s Vineyard & Winery during one of their free fall events.
- September 18: The Annual Grape Stomp
- October 12: BeLocal Family Concert & Halloween Party
- Take a self-guided tour of Wolf Park, a 70-acre non-profit park dedicated to providing habitat for wolves, foxes, bison and other animals for educational purposes. Self-guided tours cost $5 per person.
- Check out the outdoor Farmer’s Market while you can.
- Take your playground trip to a whole new level at one of the top 10 most beautiful playgrounds in Indianapolis. Free.
- Visit the Treehouses at Flat Fork Creek, where you can climb and explore.
- Discover the stories of some of the greatest athletes in NCAA history in the NCAA Hall of Fame. Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for children and seniors.
- Unleash your art! Entry to Newfields is free on the first Thursday of each month, 11am-8pm, for the general public. Make sure you book your ticket here! Free.
- October 6
- November 3
- Pack a picnic and enjoy live music during a free concert. Part of Greenwood’s new fall concert series. Free
- Rent a free backpack for nature exploration from Fishers Parks. Free
- Let your kids run wild at Greenwood’s KidCity indoor playground for just $5 per child.
- Learn about agriculture at Fishers AgriPark. Free
- Create a masterpiece at the Ignite Art Studio and Makerspace in Fishers. Free.
- Ride the zip line at the Nature Adventure Playground at the Jill Perelman Pavilion. Free.
- Climb a tree in the Plainfield Christian Church treehouse. Free.
Plainfield Christian Church’s tree house.
- Visit and borrow a book from all of Indy’s exclusive Public Collection stations.
- Explore The Learning Curve at Central Library! Free. Learning Curve, Central Library
- Browse a locally owned library.
- Discover exotic birds at Bird Fever. Free.
- Go for a swim at the Indy Island Family Aquatic Center. Admission for children ages 3 to 17 is $5. Admission for adults is $6.
Indy Island Aquatic Center