Hi, how are you? When I try and install Combofix it tells me it does not work on windows 2000. I am running window 8 not windows 2000. Any ideas or help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.smithAnvi Smart Defender Window 8/7/2003/XP /Vista + Light and Smart Swordfish Scan Engine + Powerful Real-time Protection for Extra PC Security + Advanced Malware Detection and Removal Capability
A RAT is malicious malware software that runs on your computer. It gives access to a hacker when he wants to steal information from you or install other malicious software. RATs are difficult to detect, but you can take measures to ensure that you’re protected. This article describes RATs and five ways you can detect one running on your computer.
Chromebooks are the safest devices available in the market when it comes to online banking as Chromebooks have Chrome OS, which is derived from Linux, the most secure operating system to date. Still, you should enable two-factor authentication while using the online banking feature on your Chromebook. Other than that, you don’t have to install any security features and third-party apps on your Chromebook for online banking.
First, the advantages of a Chrome “operating system”
- Security – A Chromebook essentially is running a browser. That’s it. There is no operating system, and as such, there are no viruses, no updates, and no quirks of a typical OS. I won’t say that it is completely safe from online security threats, but you sure won’t need an anti-virus program.
- Cost – With no operating system, there you don’t have to purchase new versions and updates. Yes, the browser software is updated periodically in the background, but that happens in the background and is mostly transparent. With no operating system, there is no OS cost in the hardware. You can buy a very capable Chromebook for less than $200. Finally, there are thousands of apps for Chrome, most of them free.
- Security again – The primary limitation of a Chromebook – not running your typical OS based apps – may be a good thing. Users can’t get distracted by programs that suck their time away, like the most popular games. Gaming sites and download sites are a primary source of most viruses.
There is no operating system, so you won’t be able to run your favorite programs. You will never install MS Office on a Chromebook. You can not. BUT:
- Chrome OS is an open-source program and free to use.
- Chromebook is the best to use basic daily programs like Google Docs, Sheets, Notepad, and so on.
- Chromebook is much cheaper than compared to other devices.
- Chromebook is said to be less vulnerable to viruses as most of the apps and work will be done on the cloud. So, you most probably don’t need to download everything.
- If you are a traveler, Chromebook can be the best option for you because of its design and weight.
- Integration of Google workspace is another great feature.
- You cannot run heavy software like Adobe Photoshop as Chromebook usually comes with low storage.
- Since most of the work is on the cloud, there is a high Chromebook internet security threat.
- You are not able to use the full version of Microsoft 365 apps on the Chromebook.
- If you are a developer or somehow your business is related to multimedia then Chromebook is not ideal for you due to less storage and limited resources.
- Chromebook is definitely not recommended for Gaming.