What the trailer shows: In the teaser, which was first shown in a live stream from ARK developer Studio Wildcard, there are new snacks for those interested in the story.
But the first look at the new addon location is much more exciting. ARK: Survival Evolved Genesis Part 2 kidnaps you on a gigantic spaceship resembling the biblical ark.
How to play custom maps in Ark: Survival Evolved
Image via Studio Wildcard
These maps are simply the same as the Mods. This means you will need to go to your Steam library and make sure you click the green “subscribe” option to add it to your library. Once added, the map will be downloaded and installed after opening Ark. From there, you’ll need to click Host/Local, and where you’d normally choose your vanilla map, select the downloaded and installed map instead. Now let’s move on to our 10 favorites.
This is the map of Fjordur in ARK: Survival Evolved
This is how big Fjordur is: the 140 square kilometer map is about 3.5 times larger than the original island in ARK, which is only about 40 square kilometers. In addition, there are the many cave systems this map has to offer and three other realms connected to each other via portals:
- Jotunheim: A freezing realm with extremely freezing temperatures.
- Vanaheim: A lush forest kingdom.
- Asgard: A realm of fields and abandoned buildings.
What is the biggest map in ARK: Survival Evolved?
The largest map in the game is Genesis Part 2, although the fan-made map of Valhalla is larger. In terms of official maps, Crystal Isles is the second largest, tied with Lost Island, with Ragnarok in third place.
However, it really depends on what you’re looking for when deciding which is the largest map in Ark.
- Creatures: There are a total of 123 creatures that spawn on the island.
- Event Creatures: Players will find 17 creatures together while taking part in events.
- Notes and explorer’s dossier: these notes contain a lot of useful information that helps us in many occasions. These can be found scattered throughout the island.
- Artifacts: In this map you can find ten different artifacts scattered throughout.
- Weather: There are two types of weather on this map and those are rain and fog. Rain can be used to store water while in fog; lying down is the best option (since you can’t see much ahead). The Island is the first map that introduces players to the game
Set in the desert, Scorched Earth is another canonical map released and added to the game in September 2016. It is considered one of the most difficult maps to play. With the scorching heat and dire conditions, you have to bear the risk of heatstroke and the health effects of dust storms.